These Fumes Could Be Deadly

A great reminder…

jrheating

Making the switch from cooling to heating creates cozy environments inside for chilly temps outside.  This change could also create a very serious problem that you can’t hear, see smell or taste.  And it answers to the description “invisible killer.”

No, this is not a crime drama to stream for entertainment.  It’s a poisonous and deadly gas that can stream into your home through faulty heating equipment.

Carbon monoxide (CO) – a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas – is the cause of hundreds of deaths each year in the United States.  It’s found in fumes whenever fuel is burned in cars or trucks, generators, stoves, gas ranges or furnaces.  If the equipment is incorrectly vented, improperly used or in need of repair, CO can build up indoors and poison people and pets.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission offers several recommendations in order to keep your home safe from potential carbon monoxide poisoning…

View original post 91 more words

Advertisements

About Mike's Heating & Cooling

We are heating and cooling professionals! We maintain a high level of quality among our staff. All of our installers and technicians are trained on a regular, on-going basis.
This entry was posted in Mikes Heating & Cooling. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s